Thursday, April 12, 2012

Carlsbad - the flower fields

Come spring and I have always heard about the famous flower fields at Carlsbad in California. Apart from spending 15 minutes two years ago(then a bachelor!) during a "dead spring" in the flower fields and then hoping off to the shopping outlets nearby - the flower fields were a strict "no-no" and a "disinterested" subject to me.

Come spring 2012 - and here we were waking up early and driving 2 hours to "the flower fields". Crowds of flowers and people greeted us! Definitely once a lifetime visit - says the married man! :D I also quite forgot the fact that as a photographer - I started off by shooting flowers to death :)
Flower fields 1
I am also grateful to what was once a boring subject - shooting the flower fields turned out rewarding monetarily as well. The pink flowers photograph above went for a "$85" sale!!!! Of all the photographs I have shot...gosh!!! Lessons learnt - do not forget your  roots and spend time to shoot the mundane :)
Flower fields 2

1 comment:

Aiketa said...

I would have been crazy photographing the flower fields there! Every time I see a flower I turn into a crazy photography mode... so I can imagine with fields and fields of flowers! I should remember this on the next time planning a visit to USA and California.
What a nice place!